Saturday, February 19, 2011

Solved Mac book Pro connecting external monitor

I solved mine !!
i tried diff adapters, update drivers, etc. also did not work.
and my Mac Book Pro does not have "Graphics: Higher Performance" option in my System Preference Display page.

then i tried cleaning the System Preference (Restart, Option + Command + P + R) and now i can use my external monitor!

my spec:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz

my symptom was:
- I can connect to my office external monitors (yes, it works with more than one)
- but i cannot connect to any other external monitors
- when i plug the cable, my Mac Book screen flash and then not detecting any external monitor


my references:
http://getsatisfaction.com/apple/topics/macbook_pro_external_monitor_black_out_problem
http://getsatisfaction.com/apple/topics/why_wont_my_macbook_detect_an_external_display

1 comment:

  1. SOLVED for me by:

    1) Shut down all devices and unplug for 3 minutes
    2) Plugin
    3) Power on computer while holding down the shift key to start in safe mode
    4) Restart computer in regular mode

    My display came on at step 3 and is working now.

    ReplyDelete