Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Domain Name Generator using dictionary service

My team are focusing on prototyping our ideas (we have a really long list of to-prototype-list). So we always bother with project naming and website naming. Random domain name generators do not really work well for us. So, suddenly, I wonder if I can do dynamic search in online dictionary.

The basic requirement is finding words ending with certain top level domain:


Word.all.select{|word| word.end_with?(target_domain)}

That's why I found http://www.onelook.com

It support something like this:


*me:crazy
It should returns english word that ends with 'me' which has meaning related to 'crazy'

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their results are linked to urban dictionary too, which is also my favourite !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to visit here for more updates..

    Buy domain names

    ReplyDelete